?

Log in

 
 
20 October 2014 @ 01:46 pm
Shifting Sands- changing software and server  
Hi all, just to let you know there may be some - hopefully- temporary disruptions to OL over the next few days. Dreamhost are shifting servers and so require us to be compliant with new format- which in turn requires us to update the old software we have been using. I am very much hoping for calm seas, but one never knows. If all else fails I will have to call on Jack...

I am sure that those of you who post pics/videos will have your own files, but others might want to make sure they have copies of important things *note to self*

Wish me luck!
 
 
 
Tonnyandnolewen on October 21st, 2014 09:59 pm (UTC)
I agree with Naz, I think we can raise that amount amongst us.
If I understand correctly, next year it would then just be the hosting.. and what if there are updates needed?

The activity now is just a fraction of what it was and therefore the consideration of started a new, at a free board is a very real one- and not a bad one either, for what we need now.

But I do feel the majority of us long-time members is not willing to give the entire board up as it is now..

Activity will never become that much again, I sincerely doubt that, so we have to ask ourselves what we are willing to invest in the next years, if more costs are involved.



Edited at 2014-10-21 10:00 pm (UTC)
Nazz88: coolcatnazz88 on October 21st, 2014 10:14 pm (UTC)
"Luckily, if you do upgrade to 5, you probably wouldn't have to upgrade for a very long time." (Serein)

So from that I guess it's a singular payment, not something we have to pay every year for upgrading. The future is another thing, we can decide then, when it arises.

And no, I for one am not easily giving up the old board.
Tonnyandnolewen on October 21st, 2014 10:36 pm (UTC)
Yeah that would be really great, we do however need to have a good view of the costs, because if more of the die-hards 'abandon', there is very few people left who actually are willing to make that commitement.
Nazz88: coolcatnazz88 on October 21st, 2014 10:41 pm (UTC)
Yeah, in that case.

But that's a future thing, we have to decide now, resp. within a few days.
Tonnyandnolewen on October 21st, 2014 10:45 pm (UTC)
If the technical bit can be figured out with the host maybe even with help of the previous owners, then I think Olove as it is should be saved